Oakham Wealth Management Complaints Resolution Policy
FCA No. 431206
We value your support as a client and place a strong emphasis on maintaining a long-term relationship with you. We encourage you to address any complaints, queries and concerns to our Complaints Officer. He can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax on 020 3405 2699.
Purpose of this document:
- Oakham Wealth Management Limited (Oakham) is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 431206). As such we have certain specific duties to you, our clients. One of these duties is to establish and maintain a formal complaints resolution procedure to enable you to exercise your rights. This document explains this procedure and the steps that you must follow to submit a formal complaint. Please be aware that our internal complaints resolution procedure may be amended or cancelled by us at any time.
Our complaints resolution procedure:
- When submitting a complaint to us:
- If the firm or any of its representatives have provided you with investment management services that you are dissatisfied with, you must submit your complaint to us in writing. Please do this by sending a letter to our registered office address referred to above. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com. Please ensure that you obtain and keep appropriate proof of delivery of your complaint to us.
- Your complaint should contain the following information:
- Your name, surname and contact details;
- A complete description of your complaint. This should include sufficient facts, dates and supporting documentation to enable us to quickly deal with your complaint;
- The name of the person who provided you with the investment management service;
- The date on which the service you are complaining about happened;
- How you would prefer to receive communication from us regarding your complaint.
Our procedure when receiving your complaint:
- The time periods set out in this procedure will be adhered to as strictly as possible. However, we may vary these time periods if necessary. The procedure we will adopt, and how we will handle a complain once it is received by us, is as follows:
- Upon receipt of your complaint, we will enter it into our complaints register. This will happen on the same day that it is received, or no later than 1 working day after receipt. We will also send you written acknowledgement of receipt.
- Our Complaints Officer will:
- Investigate the complaint;
- Endeavour to keep you fully informed during this time of the progress of our investigations into your complaint.
- If we are not able to resolve the complaint either positively or negatively, we will write to you. We will provide you with reasons for the delay. This will include an indication of when you may expect to receive a final response from us.
- Any final response you receive from us will set out:
- Whether the complaint has been upheld
- An explanation and reasons for our decision
- If appropriate, any redress or remedial action to be provided
- Details of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- If you are not satisfied with our final response or if we have not been able to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks after receiving your complaint, you have the right to refer the complaint to the FOS.
- The contact details of the FOS are:
- Please be aware that any referrals to the FOS must be sent within 6 months from the date you receive our final response. If you do not refer your complaint within this time limit, the FOS will not have our permission to consider the complaint. The FOS will then only be permitted to consider it in certain limited circumstances.
- We will keep a record of the complaint and maintain this record for a period of 5 years from the date of receipt of the complaint. This is required by law.
We periodically review our complaints procedure and complaints register (both closed and ongoing cases). This ensures that no systematic failings occur in our interactions or our handling of complaints.
You should be aware that we may suspend trading on any accounts we manage for you while your complaint is being investigated. This is in accordance with our terms of engagement, and depending on the nature of the complaint. We will notify you if this is required.